loading

คำแนะนำการใช้งาน
ขยายขนาดตัวอักษร
เพิ่มระยะห่างตัวอักษร
เพิ่มขนาดลูกศรชี้
ตำแหน่ง
เส้นช่วยในการอ่าน
เน้นการเชื่อมโยง
ปรับชุดสี
เปิดการใช้งาน
ปิดการใช้งาน
Instructions for use
เริ่มต้นใช้งาน
Text Size

การขยายขนาดตัวอักษร

สามารถเลือกปรับขนาดตัวอักษรได้ 3 ระดับ คือ 20% 30% และ 40% จากขนาดมาตรฐาน

Text Spacing

การเพิ่มระยะห่างตัวอักษร

การปรับระยะห่างของตัวอักษร และช่องว่างระหว่างบรรทัด สามารถปรับได้ 3 ระดับ เพื่อให้อ่านข้อมูลต่างๆ ได้ง่ายขึ้น

Large Cursor

การเพิ่มขนาดลูกศรชี้ตำแหน่ง

ขยายขนาดของลูกศรชี้ตำแหน่ง (Cursor) ให้ใหญ่ขึ้นถึง 400%


Reading Guide

เส้นช่วยในการอ่าน

จะมีเส้นปรากฏขึ้น พร้อมกับการเลื่อนลูกศรชี้ตำแหน่ง เพื่อให้ผู้อ่านสามารถโฟกัสข้อความที่ต้องการอ่านได้สะดวกขึ้น

Highlight Links

เน้นการเชื่อมโยง

ช่วยเน้นและแยกส่วนของลิงค์หรือปุ่มต่างๆ ออกจาก เนื้อหาภายในเว็บไซต์ เพื่อให้สามารถมองเห็นปุ่มได้ชัดเจนยิ่งขึ้น

Change Color

เลือกปรับชุดสี

สามารถเลือกปรับชุดสีของเว็บไซต์ได้ 4 แบบตัวอักษรและปุ่มต่างๆ มีสีเข้มคมชัด มองเห็นได้ชัดเจน

Museum Thailand

  1. Home
  2.    >   Museum Thailand
  3.    >   The Red Block Building Museum

The Red Block Building Museum

30 July 2018

Like 537

10,141 VIEW

Gallery

Information

Well known as a historical site of Chanthaburi, Tuek Dang was once a grief of Thai people during the 11-year dominance of France (1893-1903). The place has a long history. Before Chanthaburi and Thailand are currently known as a province and a nation, respectively, our ancestors had sacrificed their flesh, land and property. 

 

Tuek Dang, or Khuk Khi Kai, was built by the French in 1893 in the year 112 of Rattanakosin Era. At that time, the French colony had expanded its dominance over Vietnam and Cambodia and tried to occupy Thailand by claiming that the lands on the right side of Mae Khong River, which include Lao Kingdom and Sip Song Chau Tai, were previously owned by the Vietnamese and Khmer. The French marched into Bangkok, demanding the aforementioned areas and certain lands in Trat Province, as well as a sum of damage payment. Before the payment, the French had occupied Chanthaburi. The French built a single storey red building with red-tile roof. The 7-meter-wide and 32-meter-long structure was made of brick and painted in red. There are five rooms inside, all linked to each other, and has terraces lengthwise. It was the French headquarter and living quarters of soldiers. Tuek Daeng was previously the site of Phikhat Patchamit Fort whose bricks were taken for the construction. The French used Tuek Dang as the headquarter until 1904 as all of their requirements were met, including the lands under the ownership of Thailand and a damage payment. There is evidence that the national treasury was almost empty thereafter.

 

In 1984, the building was converted into a public library and non-formal education centre of Laem Sing district. Currently, the place has become a tourist attraction for general public to visit and learn about the history.

Management

The Department of Fine Arts

Organization Museum

Important Person/ History /Archeology

Important / Interesting artifacts

-

Map

Address And Contact Number

Moo 1, Paknam Laem Sing Laem Sing Chanthaburi 22130
Telephone : 039-399242

Operating hours

8.30 am - 4.30 pm daily 

Admission fee

Free

Getting There

Located on Laem Sing Beach, 30 minutes from Chanthaburi town. Use Sukhumvit Road and head toward Trat Province. Turn right at the 347th kilometre marker to Laem Sing Beach and continue for about 16 kilometres.  

Proper for General Public

Proper
Improper

Proper for Children

Proper
Improper

Credit Card

Yes
No

Advanced Booking

-

Disability Information

-

FACILITY

Available

3

share

Relate Museum

22 August 2018
2,950
229
11 October 2021
9,781
623
27 July 2018
8,958
507
27 July 2018
10,746
501
22 August 2018
7,474
249